Saturday, June 5, 2010

1992 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I hated it. I have never seen the Buffy TV show, but I figured since the movie came first I wouldn't have any problems following along. Well, I didn't have any problems following the insanely simple plot: A high school girl learns she is "chosen" to be a vampire slayer. The problem was that this movie was insanely stupid.

I couldn't quite tell if it was a satire or not though. If it was, then it was still stupid, but at least they MEANT to make it that that stupid. If it wasn't a satire, then I don't even know what to say. It was SO cheesy and all the acting was ridiculously over the top. I hated all the characters. Even Buffy is a vapid cheerleader stereotype that I couldn't care less about. I'd almost RATHER the vampires eat her.

And then we have Dylan McKay playing...Dylan McKay. Can Luke Perry play anything different? Of course I can't even think of another movie I have seen Luke Perry in, so I can't really compare it to much else.

I guess I just missed the point of this movie. I couldn't wait for it to be over so I could stop losing brain cells.

Random Thoughts:
-I am a little pissed that they "recommend" Heathers to people who liked this movie. Heathers is an AMAZING black comedy that doesn't even come close to comparing to this this crap.

Verdict?
1/5 stars. Would never watch this movie again. I hated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment