Monday, May 3, 2010

1982 - Tron

The poster makes it look way cooler than it actually is.

I can’t even begin to explain the plot to this movie, because I have no idea what was going on for most of it. Half of the movie takes place inside of a computer? And the computer programs are people? Who race little cars? Inside the computer? I have no idea who “Tron” even is (or even if it is a who) or why the movie was named after him.

See? Little cars race inside the computer. I still don't know why.

Honestly, I barely made it 30 minutes into this movie before I started zoning out. It was so boring. I really wanted to shut it off, but I toughed it out. Usually, I enjoy sci-fi movies and I knew that Tron had a cult following, so I figured I would like it. Not so much. I don’t get the hype. I guess I will not be lining up for the remake. 1/5 stars.

Yes, this is what the whole movie looked like.
Random Thoughts:
-I really hate this movie.
-This movie apparently didn’t do that well at the box office. I can see why.
-The video game that was released after the movie actually out grossed the film.
Verdict?
1/5 stars. I will not be watching this again. Or seeing the remake/sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment